Thursday, February 28, 2013

Random Notes from a Crank

I spent most of my work day writing and responding to emails and then had a meeting. They never told me about this @#$% in grad school.

My kids are really enjoying the Eels album Wonderful, Glorious, especially the tunes "Kinda Fuzzy" and "Open My Present." My five-year old enjoys the lyric of "I'm feeling kind of fuzzy, but you know I'm all right." And both of the kids like lip syncing to the whole second song, especially "I wanna open my present. Well, I'm a good boy. I behaved myself. I've been patient in waiting so long. Waiting any longer just feels wrong. I know it's great. I just can't wait. It's right in front of me. I can't stop thinking about it. What's the harm in letting me go no longer living without it?"

I'm looking forward to baseball season. March is here, and spring training is well underway. My Cubs, well, they have no shot at a playoff berth. Signing Edwin Jackson was a strange move from my perspective. I suspect Soriano will get moved sooner rather than later, and unless Garza is in the ball club's long-term plans, he might get traded. Heck, he almost got traded last off season. Regardless, I haven't been to Wrigley in a long time. This summer might be a good time to visit. 

No comments: