Friday, March 1, 2013

Music Friday: "Lillian, Egypt," "To the Dogs or Whoever," "Change of Time," & "New Lover"

As already noted, I'm all geeked up for the new Son Volt album, but an album I'm also looking forward to that's coming out the same day (this coming Tuesday) is Josh Ritter's The Beast in Its Tracks

For today's post, I'm going with one song from each of the Josh Ritter albums I own, with the last one a song from the new album.

To start, below is a fun rendering of "Lillian, Egypt" from The Animal Years




And here's Ritter and his band doing their thing on Letterman with "To the Dogs or Whoever" from The Historical Conquests...




The third is a hypnotic tune from So Runs the World Away




Finally, here's a song from the new album. It gets me all nostalgic about typewriters because I learned how to type on an IBM Selectric. I'm also a connoisseur of typefaces. Nothing says old school like the font that is Courier. Huzzah for old technology. 


No comments: