Monday, February 25, 2013

Random Notes from a Crank

I got the picture below from the InterWebs. I'm having a hard time interpreting the comma and what comes after the comma in the description of this sandwich:


I'm not a huge potato chip kind of guy, but the Sriracha flavored Lay's they're test marketing right now could persuade me to browse that aisle when I visit the grocery store. 

I've gotten back into watching episodes of The Simpsons again. I used to watch that show religiously. In the rerun episode I watched Sunday night, one of my favorite characters, Grandpa Simpson, related this bit of wisdom: "Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending." Abe, you speak to my troubled soul. 

And then there's Krusty in the same episode as he's starting to tell a joke and then he realizes his audience is kids, "So, Lady Godiva gets a haircut, right ... KIDS!!!"

I plan to watch this new show The Americans, but I keep getting caught up in other programs and whatnot. Mrs. Nasty says it's really good, so the show has a good character reference so far. I might finally get to it this week. I like the concept -- Russian spies living in America during the 80s. I like some good historical fiction, especially if it's set in the 80s. I've been searching for a new drama to get caught up in.  

I watch Iron Chef America on a fairly regular basis, and many of these chefs use quail eggs. Where are they getting quail eggs? I've never had one. I've had quail a couple of times, but that was the natural effect of being around people who hunt. But these rich folks, they're crazy about the quail eggs. 

My Monday morning began with me accidentally breaking my wireless mouse as I tried to remember how to replace the battery. [sad trombone] Good times. 

No comments: