Friday, June 1, 2012

Music Friday: "Gratitude," "So What'cha Want," & "Stand Together"

As we learned early last month, Adam Yauch, one of the three Beastie Boys, died.

I've never been a huge fan of hip-hop, but the Beastie Boys were one of the groups I would listen to along with Run DMC, Public Enemy, Digital Underground, and the various songs out there circulating in pop culture.

The Beastie Boys brought a punk rock sensibility to the genre of rap/hip hop. My favorite album of theirs is Check Your Head, so I'm highlighting a trio of songs from that album today. 

First up is "Gratitude," track 4 on the album. 





Here's the iconic video of "So What'cha Want," track 7 and a song that got played at many parties I attended.





And finally, here's track 12, "Stand Together,"





"Stand together people, come together now.
It's about time we've got to get together, y'all." 

No comments: