Friday, June 22, 2012

Music Friday: "Don't Walk Away," "Dead Roses," & Interview with John Phelan

Truckstop Darlin' released its second album, Hope and the Heart It Breaks, last week. So far this summer, that album has been one of the few albums I've taken a shine to. There just hasn't been anything new that I've liked all that much or been interested in buying this summer besides this band's second album.

So for today, I offer "Don't Walk Away," which is the first song on the new album. I like it, but I have other songs I enjoy more, such as "Southern Ghosts," "Sad Sweet Songs," "Same Old Story," and "Dead Roses," which is also below.  








If you're interested in the band, their influences, and the music scene in Portland, here's a short interview with the lead singer.


No comments: