Saturday, January 24, 2009

Schlitz and Soldiers & Draft Magazine

Click HERE to read a short blurb about how a distributor in Illinois is shipping complimentary Schlitz to soldiers celebrating the Super Bowl in Iraq.

I happened upon this wonderful factoid on Draft magazine's website. Until today I had never heard of that magazine. But as I went toward the checkout at my local grocery store, a magazine with a large glass of beer and the headline of "Best Beer of 2009" caught my attention. 

If you're a connoisseur of microbrews, craft beers, and smaller breweries, this is the magazine for you. There's an article about Portland, Oregon, the city nicknamed "Beervana." And they also have an article that provides a list of the "best beer bars in America."

In the Midwest category of "beer bars," establishments in the cities of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Kansas City are well represented. In fact, the KC area's representatives are Barley's Brewhaus, Blanc Burgers & Bottles, The Dish Famous Stuffed Pizza, The Foundry at McCoy's, Grinders, and Harry's Country Club. In contrast, the St. Louis area is only represented by Blueberry Hill and Growler's. 

In the online platform of this magazine is another interesting article about what beer an author suggests for the Obama administration. Click HERE for "Real Beer Returns to the White House." 

Tomorrow I brew an "old ale" of my own recipe, so my mind is on beer. 

No comments: