Monday, January 5, 2009

Hook 'Em Horns

Although I still haven't drank the Kool-aid on the prowess of the Big 12, I do want to see both Texas and Oklahoma win the last two bowl games.

I hope that the Longhorns destroy Ohio State tonight. Then, I'd like to see OU beat Florida in order to wipe the smug looks off Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer's faces. I'm not a fan of Tebow. All his jumping around during the game and his holier-than-thouness grates on my nerves. If there is any media bias out there, it's certainly slanted for Tebow. The slack-jawed, jock-sniffing hacks (sports writers) love that guy. And I distinctly remember when Alabama destroyed Florida in Bryant-Denny a few years back that Meyer actually teared-up in his post-game press conference because of the loss. Pathetic. 

Ultimately, if both Texas and OU win their games, a serious case can be made that Texas deserves to ranked no. 1 in the AP poll. That would at least make up for them not playing Florida on Wednesday. Hell, even if Florida defeats OU and Texas defeats Ohio State, why not Texas number one in the AP Poll?

No comments: