Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random Notes from a Crank

Last night after Family Reading Night at my daughter's school, I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up some milk. I don't know how this started, but somehow I got the idea of walking like Shaggy (from the Scooby-Doo cartoon) about the aisles of the supermarket and encouraging my kids to the do the same. It brought big laughs from my two kids, and my youngest -- the five-year old -- really looks funny when doing it. My daughter, on the other hand, mainly just laughed and said I was embarrassing her. Then she noted I needed to do these things around Mrs. Nasty, so I can embarrass her too. Duly noted. I probably need to brush up on Monty Python's "Ministry of Silly Walks" if I'm going to do it right, however.  I need a research fellowship.





And that sketch reminds me of this one. Go Greeks!


2 comments:

Babe Runner said...

Those are two of my favorite Monty Python skits. Of course, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I think Aristotle or Isocrates should have scored the goal, not Socrates.