Friday, November 2, 2012

Music Friday: "Ain't Messin' 'Round"

I featured some tunes from Gary Clark Jr. almost a month ago. Since I got the new album, I've been playing it quite a bit. 

Today I'm providing the lead track from Blak and Blu

When I saw him perform this on a late night talk show, he had horns with him like the song on the album has. The performance below is a stripped down version of the tune. 





The review in Rolling Stone about the album is somewhat accurate. If memory serves, the reviewer's thesis lauded the album but also called it "uneven." 

I like to think that Mr. Clark is trying to show his range on the disc, but there are a couple of songs where I think, "I don't know if this tune is working for me with the other blues-influenced and guitar-oriented songs."

Regardless, don't mess around at having a good weekend. 

No comments: