Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pre-Emptive Music Friday: "You Are a Tourist," "Title and Registration," & "Crooked Teeth"

We're driving back to Illinois on Friday and Saturday. Tomorrow we plan to go from Venice to south of Nashville. On Saturday we'll make the rest of the drive to east central Illinois. 

When I drive, the kids watch movies and read books, and Mrs. Nasty reads and listens to books. I listen to lots of music while driving, and I plan to check out the new album, Handwritten, from Gaslight Anthem on the drive up, but I mostly put my iPod on shuffle. 

But as we all know, there are certain bands that are good to listen to while driving. 

I offer these tunes from Death Cab for Cutie because they're good driving songs. 











I got into Death Cab for Cutie way late. It wasn't until I got sucked into the collaboration between Jay Farrar and Ben Gibbard for the soundtrack for the Kerouac movie: One Fast Move or I'm Gone: Kerouac's Big Sur that I got intrigued by Gibbard's voice. 

I'll also be listening to One Fast Move or I'm Gone on the way up. 

No comments: