Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Random Notes from a Crank

I have to personally thank Jerry Seinfeld and possibly Larry David for introducing the mantra of "Serenity Now" to me. I've been using it a lot lately. A lot.





For his birthday, my son wants the other Star Wars trilogy: episodes 1, 2, & 3. I suspect he'll be disappointed with Jar Jar's presence like I was. Even kids don't like him much.

I've never gotten the name of "Athletics" for a baseball team. I like 'em because they're small market and all that, but that franchise, if I remember correctly, started in Philadelphia, went to Kansas City for a while, then migrated to Oakland, and possibly might be moving again. But Athletics, how boring is that for a mascot? And I dislike the unnecessary apostrophe ("A's") on their hats.

I just want to lay around all day and watch baseball interrupted only by napping and people occasionally bringing me food. On occasion, I'll speak.

A good while back, heck it was over spring break in fact, Mrs. Nasty's Boss asked me if I would look over her daughter's resume because she was applying for an internship. I helped the young lady with the document, and Mrs. Nasty's Boss asked if I want anything for giving her feedback. She said if her daughter got the internship, that she'd get me something. My offhand retort was that I'll take a case of beer. Shortly thereafter, the young lady got the internship. And me, I got a twelve pack of Sam Adams Boston Lager. That's consulting, Delta Delta Style. Quintilian B. Nasty: Will consult for beer...

No comments: