Sunday, February 12, 2012

Masters of Our Domain

Because Mrs. Nasty took our daughter to a gymnastics meet in Indianapolis today, my son and I were masters of the domain this morning and afternoon. We usually go along to meets, but with them driving early in the morning, el nino and I decided to hang back at the homestead.

Cue "The Boys Are Back in Town" because here are the highlights of our day:
  • After a relaxing morning of me reading the paper and two of my books, him playing MarioKart for a short while, us playing with his Star Wars figures (I was Darth--he was Luke), and us watching Here Come the ABCs and part of Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants, we dined at the local restaurant Planet Wiener. 
  • We bowled a game at the local alley. He rolled a 64. I scored a bumper-aided 95. I stink at bowling.
  • We went to the new grocery store in town. He talked me into a package of Bomb Pops. 
  • We played some board games, notably Operation and The Ladybug Game.
  • He asked me when "Son's Day" was since we have a Father's Day and a Mother's Day. Good point. 

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

What could be nicer than that.

TG Dem said...

Cue "The Boys Are Back in Town" awesome line...

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

It was nice.

TG Dem: I still say we can pitch that sit-com to someone.