Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: That Dip You See at Parties in the Midwest

I have no idea of who started this dip, but Mrs. Nasty got reintroduced to it at a party she and the kids went to on Friday night when I was sequestered in a Disney compound for a conference.

She told me about it, so I made it the next day except that I suspect our version isn't as fat-laden as the version she had at the party.

You need three ingredients and a crock pot. It's cookin', chimp-style.

Ingredients:
1 lb. of ground sausage of your choice (I used spicy Italian)
1 brick of low fat of fat free cream cheese
1 10 oz. can of Ro*Tel

Brown the ground sausage, drain, and dump into the crock pot. Then add the cream cheese and Ro*Tel. Cook on low for three to four hours and use tortilla chips with it.

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

What's Ro*Tel?

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

You can find it by the canned tomatoes, but I'll quote directly from the label: " Ro*Tel is the original Texas family recipe of juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes blended with select green chilies and flavorful spices. It makes ordinary appetizers and dishes come alive with the bold, festive flavor of the Southwest."

In other words, it's tomatoes with chilies.

Brought to you by ConAgra Foods.

Dr. K said...

I'm a fan of canned green chiles, so this sounds like a winner.