Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random Notes from a Crank

I was in a grumpy mood today, so I tried listening to music as I cooked. The new Blind Pilot didn't work--too upbeat and poppy. The new album by Dawes didn't work either. I finally hit the sweet spot by listening to Glossary's Feral Fire, a fine album. They should be coming out with a new one soon I think.

I finally got around to reading an interesting, depressing, detailed, and somewhat hopeful article by Don Peck in The Atlantic today. It's "Can the Middle Class Be Saved?" if you're interested.

When I was reading about SEC realignment talk the other day on TiderInsider, I realized I left out Ole Miss and Mississippi State from my proposed North-South divisions in the comments section of my post. Sorry about that Magnolia State or Black Bear State and whatever the hell people call you. Here's a revision of those if Mizzou joins since I now have the road atlas in front of me. North: Mizzou, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Ole Miss. South: A&M, LSU, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida. Or heck, why not divide the conference using I-65? West: A&M, Arkansas, Mizzou, LSU, Ole Miss, State, and Alabama. East: Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.

I'm sad to report the current state of proofreading in America has dropped to an all-time low: weather and whether are getting confused now. @#$% you, Spellcheck systems.

No comments: