Friday, September 9, 2011

Music Friday: "Holier Than Thou"

Can you tell I've been busy? No posts since Sunday...

When I worked out Tuesday, I listened to Metallica's major commercial success, the band's Black Album.

That album is solid, and the songs that garnered the most attention were "Enter Sandman," "Sad but True," "Wherever I May Roam," and "Nothing Else Matters."

Strangely enough, "Enter Sandman" was such a hit that Alabama used the song as the Intro before Alabama basketball games when I was in Tuscaloosa. To this day, when I hear the song, I think about Coleman Coliseum. They may still be using the tune for all I know.

But today instead of featuring one of Metallica's hits from the Black Album, I give you "Holier Than Thou," a tune from that fine opus that matches my attitude in general. I'm grouchy. I'm stressed. I'm juggling all kinds of @#$%.

Once next week is over, I'll be in a better frame of mind, I hope.


No comments: