Friday, September 16, 2011

Music Friday: "Outshined"

Just when I think I might have a chance, I have a week where my hopes shatter and cascade about my head.

My fantasy baseball team is stinking right now. Of course, just skip to the Soundgarden video if you don't have any interest in the subject.

My mighty Schlitzophrenics have been hanging among the top three or four spots in my league for quite some time now. But my squad has had a pathetic week and has lost all kinds of points.

Sunday, the bums had a combined .182 OBP while my ERA and WHIP numbers ballooned. Monday provided another bad day of stats. Tuesday's pitching numbers righted the ship, but the offensive stats were pedestrian. Though I collected some saves, Wednesday's pitching performances fattened my ERA. And another crappy day yesterday.

I'm currently fourth. The way it's going, I may not even win freaking third.

I'm feeling outshined.


2 comments:

fern said...

I assimilated the bottle tree effortlessly. Colored glass is one of my favorite things, and I really like the combination of greens and blue you've got going here. But then my head exploded due to the combined stimuli of your latest post: rousing rock, hunky video, ads along the bottom of the video for velveeta cheesy skillets, fantasy baseball stats acronyms...

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Chris Cornell has been known to sing while topless. That video though is 90's Mtv claptrap--fire, emotive posings, etc.