Friday, June 17, 2011

Music Friday: "Broussard's Lament," "Tell Me True," & "Come On Up to the House"

Sarah Jarosz was featured on an episode of PBS's Austin City Limits based on the strength of her first album, Song Up in Her Head. Her second album, Follow Me Down, came out this summer.

Today I'm offering a trio of videos from that performance in Austin.

First up is "Broussard's Lament."



Then you can enjoy "Tell Me True."



And finally, the trio is complete with a Tom Waits cover.



If you're thinking, "She looks young." Well, she is. She's 20 and already has two albums out.

There's a substantial biography on her website if you're interested.

2 comments:

fern said...

Impressive! And I liked this line in her bio: “I just try to be the best listener that I can be. I just try to take it all in, and then have it come back out in a new way.”

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Huzzah for good listening.