Friday, April 8, 2011

Music Friday: "Angels and Acrobats" & "Set Your House in Order"

If you read Tuesday's post, you might have anticipated this happening: I'm drunk on Amanda Shires.

After reading more about her via the InterWebs, I downloaded her most recent album, West Cross Timbers. I liked it so much that I moved on to acquiring her earlier album, Being Brave.

Being Brave is interesting in that it mixes songs where she sings with simple instrumentals. On the instrumentals it's usually her playing the fiddle accompanied by either a banjo or guitar. The instrumentals remind of being at McGurk's in St. Louis, so heads-up, Fozzie.

Below is "Angels and Acrobats" from West Cross Timbers.



And a more uptempo number is the traditional gospel song, "Set Your House in Order."



I'd like to get me one of those "Holy Ghost guns." One of them could be quite useful.

Her new album, Carrying Lightning, comes out May 3.

No comments: