Friday, April 29, 2011

Music Friday: "Alabama Pines"

So I came up here for my dad's surgery, which didn't pan out as I related in my last post.

Today didn't go very well. Instead of Virg going to a hospital, my sister and I took my mom to one. To cut to the chase because I don't really want to write much about it and I'm tired, she has fluid collecting around her left lung. At least she's lucid this time. She just needs to get the lung issue cleared up.

I had planned on going home tomorrow after my dad's change of plans. Now I'm back to my old plans on going home on Sunday.

So here I am. My dad didn't go to the hospital. And my mom's in the hospital.

So I give you, with no manner of smooth segue, Jason Isbell and 400 Unit playing "Alabama Pines,"which is the lead song off the new album. And here's Isbell playing it solo and acoustic at a radio station.

3 comments:

Babe Runner said...

I have nothing but really lame things to say to you right now, but at least they are heartfelt lame things: hang in there; I hope things go better.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I appreciate the message, Babe.

I think my mom's situation will get better. At least this time she has her wits about her instead of being totally out of it mentally.

As we took her to the ER yesterday, as she was crying, she said, "I try to stay healthy. I really do."

In situations like this, I tend to get angry as much as I get sad. I'm tired of doctors not figuring out what's going on.

fern said...

How sad that your mother felt both lousy and guilty. I hope she gets to feeling much better and a bit feistier soon. And that you get some useful information.

If there's anything we can do on this end, let me know.