Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Clap On... Clap Off...

On occasion, I'll buy a cheezy t-shirt.

If you need visual proof of that statement, check out my "Sucker for a Cheap T-Shirt" post from August of '10.

One of my favorites is a shirt I bought for one of my buddies when I lived in Tuscaloosa. Emblazoned on the front of it was this statement: "Tuscaloosa: A Drinking Town with a Football Problem."

Classy, eh?

When the Nasty family spent the night in a hotel near the Indy airport before our trip the next day during our spring break trip, we stopped into Target to do some shopping. I couldn't resist a royal blue t-shirt in the clearance rack with an advertisement for the Clapper.

You remember that gadget and its commercial, don't you?

If you need reminded, check out the video below.



One of the drawbacks to watching this classic 80s commercial is that the crude earworm of "Clap On... Clap Off..." may infect your brain.

After I showed the video to my kids tonight, they were chanting the lyrics: "Clap on... Clap off."

No comments: