Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Processed

Wow. The breaking news in college football right now is not related to Cam Newton. Coach Urban Meyer is resigning as the head coach of the Florida Gators.

The Gators, who were soundly whipped by Alabama in Bryant-Denny, had a disappointing year after Brantley was anointed as the new great Gator QB who would obviously command the scions of gridiron talent at the University of Florida. Instead, the Gators ended up with a 7-5 record.

I have no idea who will be the next Florida coach, but if I were a Mississippi State fan, I would hope the Athletic Department in Starkville is working toward getting Dan Mullen, former Florida offensive coordinator and current head coach of the Bulldogs, inked to a lucrative long-term contract if they haven't already.

As an Alabama fan, I would like to see Mullen at Florida because he's somehow turned State into a contender in the West, but I don't think that'll happen.

No comments: