Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Post-Debate Trivia


I watched the debate last night, and I kept a crude tally of terms that both candidates used.

Obama referenced or used the term "middle class" (or some version) approximately a dozen times during the debate. 

McCain referenced or implied that Obama will "raise taxes" approximately ten times. 

As I was watching, I also tallied the number of times that McCain used "my friends," a term he likes to repeat. It's as though he's trying to present himself as approachable, but the way he delivers it makes him sound old and, well, sort of creepy to my ears. It just sounds weird to me.

McCain, by my tally, said "my friend" or "my friends" seventeen times. And as I watched, I thought about how someone somewhere has made a drinking game based on the use of "my friends." 

I talked to one of my colleagues this morning, and she read that people have indeed created a "my friends" drinking game. 

That other one is helping people get people drunk. Those aren't family values.

1 comment:

Seddy said...

Is this the mature version of the '90210' drinking games that took place at the Gin Mill?