Wednesday, October 22, 2008

End of the Press Conference

If you've ever watched a Coach Saban press conference, it's obvious he thinks reporters are slack-jawed, jock-sniffing simpletons who consistently annoy the hell out of him.

Near of the end of the most recent press conference, Saban was asked about the chance of rain on Saturday in Knoxville. Here was his answer:

"What should we do? Try and get the game cancelled? What can we do? There's things that you can control and things you don't. If it rains, I bet you it rains on both teams. I bet you we have to play with the same ball. It's another one of those maturity factors, that you know it's not going to affect how I play. It's an external factor, and it's something you can't control. We try and focus on the things we can control. There are things we can do; wet ball practice or whatever so that players are more prepared to be able to manage or handle it if that circumstance comes up. You know I haven't been able to sleep for three days worried about that, so I don't know ... You know I'm kidding, right?"

After that diatribe, he left the podium.