Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hangover Sunday: Arkansas

Well, the Tide traveled to Fayettenam and served up a can of whoop-ass on Saturday afternoon: 49-14.

This was a homerun hitter's game. Coffee had two long td runs, Arenas had a pick-six, and Woodall had a pick-six also.

Although I'm happy about the win, I see problems when we go to Athens. Stafford is a very good QB, Knowshon (don't remember seeing that name in the baby books) Moreno is one of the top five RBs in the nation, Georgia has a solid receiving corps, and they have a solid D. 

The Alabama D played well and took advantage of Casey Dick, who is, at best, a mediocre QB. But the Hog offense did complete a number of passes and ran fairly decently with their diminutive tailback. 

Since I'm an Alabama fan (people noted for never being satisfied), I wanted to see more sustained drives by the offense and Wilson hit some long passes for a change. 

I don't have a good feeling about the Georgia game.

No comments: