Thursday, May 29, 2008

McClellan's Book

I find it odd that McClellan's book had virtually no marketing at all until, as was reported somewhere, people started noticing it on the bookshelves.

What kind of publisher did this guy hook up with? 

While I don't know if I have the time to read his book, I find it interesting that most folks who have criticized McClellan so far have tended to do so on character issues, his ethos. They paint him as a turncoat, a guy who owes his career to Bush but now is being "disloyal." 

What I haven't seen criticized are the statements and assertions about the Bush White House.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"What kind of publisher did this guy hook up with?"

From what I've heard, its a publisher that has produced several anti-Bush books and is funded by Soros.

What I've found fascinating about the uproar over McClellan's book and the storm (at least in the tbe blogosphere) over the recent book by Doug Feith is that almost every public commenter seems to be suffering from massive confirmation bias. Every person that is against 'the War' feels vindicated by McClellan and everyone that supports it feels the same about Feith.

The relative lack of MSM attention focused on Feith's book could also be considered another example of confirmation bias.

As always, there is probably some truth and some sections that lack truthy-ness in both books. Even though I haven't read either one, I am sure there is little in the way of new facts in either one, just "amazing revelations" about how controversial decisions were made in the Bush administration.

"What I haven't seen criticized are the statements and assertions about the Bush White House."

I have. Several former Administration officials said McClellan was a deputy that wasn't involved in many of the decisions that he apparently attacks in the book. Including one guy who said a whole section of the book was "crap".