Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Edmonds to Become a Cub: Say It Ain't So

If what the Sun-Times reports is true, it looks as though "Jimmy Baseball" will become a Cubs outfielder quite soon.

I'm perplexed. I've never really cared for the guy. From my vantage point, he seemed to manufacture diving plays from time to time. His range is now limited. And his best offensive years are behind him. 

So what this means is Felix Pie will get sent back to Des Moines, again. Felix, you've just been Corey Pattersoned--brought up a year or two earlier than you should have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is no way to talk about a brother....

Seddy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seddy said...

Considering it's costing next to nothing in terms of salary, I say it's worth a shot....

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I guess so on it being worth a shot, but Johnson is playing so well I wonder, why not let him play full-time?

But that still puts Pie in a bad situation.