Thursday, May 15, 2008

For Hire

For all of you guilt-ridden consumers and commuters, I'm here for you.

As has become the fashion, many folks and businesses are buying carbon offsets to compensate for their everyday habits that create excessive CO2 or are distinctly environmentally unfriendly, such as driving an SUV, having a long commute to work, using plastic bags from grocery stores instead of bringing your own grocery bags, eating food that's been shipped across the globe, having an old heating/ac unit, using gas-powered lawn equipment, among others.

Since I drive a fuel-efficient vehicle and walk to work, I'm willing to be your carbon offset.

And I'm cheap too. How 'bout $10 a week to assuage your angst and fears and guilt?

Send your checks to my address, and I'm willing to help you out. It's cheaper than therapy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have CFL bulbs in most of my lights now, my car gets about 30 mpg, I have high-efficiency HVAC, new windows, and new insulation.

I'll be your offset for $8 a week.