Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Stay Positive: The Immortal Iron Fist



When I was looking for something in our storage area downstairs, I found a bunch of old comic books. I had forgotten I had them. I have a four-part series about Hawkeye, the first Alpha Flight, some old Avengers, some X-Men reissues, a couple of issues of Wolverine, a really old Amazing Spider-Man that I had previously pined about, a bunch of issues of Marvel Universe, and the 100th issue of Power Man and Iron Fist

I've always liked Power Man (Luke Cage) and Iron Fist

Via Amazon I had been recommended to buy Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye, but researching the series led me to read positive reviews about Fraction and Ed Brubaker's work on The Immortal Iron Fist. So I bought that instead. 

Rather than take the whole Heroes for Hire gambit, the authors went historical with the legacy of the Iron Fist. It's an excellent comic book, one that mixes history, intrigue, mysticism, deceit, and lots of action. 

One of the most interesting parts of the volume is you get to learn about some past Iron Fists.

And one of the major plot lines involves Orson Randall, an Iron Fist who escaped his destiny. 

No comments: