Friday, November 4, 2011

Music Friday: "A Shoulder Left to Cry On"

Just a month ago, one of my favorite bands on the planet released a new album. On October 4, Glossary rolled out Long Live All of Us.

The song below is the second tune on the album.





Here are the lyrics:

A Shoulder to Cry On

You can’t carry the worries of the world
And have a shoulder left to cry on.
So many days left to the hands of chance
With nothing to rely on.

So crawl with me out of the dark.
Let it be us the light shines on,
For nothing is promised or guaranteed.
But I’ll be the post that you can lean on.

I don’t want to live forever,
But I don’t want to die tonight.
Let’s walk through this world together.
Let it know we’re alive.

I’ve spent a lifetime living like a fool
When I should have known better.
I guess you’ll never know who you are
Until who you were is gone forever.

So walk with me out into the light.
Let it be us who learn to live on.
For nothing is promised or guaranteed,
But I’ll be the shoulder you can cry on.

Let me be your shoulder to cry on.


On the band's website they also posted a half-hour mini-documentary about the making of the album. If you're interested, check out the video on ninebullets.net, which gives some advice if you don't have time to watch the full video.

No comments: