Saturday, June 5, 2010

Meditating

Hannah's dance performances are finished for the year, but I just thought I'd share this picture of her meditating before one of her last performances of the year.

She told me tonight that when she meditates it makes her calm and not so "riled up" before she goes on stage. And she also claimed that meditating gives her "good luck."

I don't know Buddhist masters would feel about the luck connection, but I know there have been a number of really interesting scientific/psychological studies in the past decade that have linked meditative techniques not only to better mental health but also to improved physical health.

Regardless, this photo is one my recent favorites of her.

3 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

I love this photo: calming and beautiful.

fern said...

I agree with Sandy (hello! nice to meet you). This photo does not just depict peace; it conducts.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Thanks. It's now one of my favorites.