Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip

I saw this basic recipe on Emeril Green on the Planet Green channel and adapted it a bit.

As much as people like to get a bit snooty about Emeril (myself included) and his foolishness from Emeril Live days on Food Network, I suspect the man is a hell of a cook. Next time I'm in New Orleans, I plan on eating in one of his restaurants just to see for myself. Sure, the "Baam!" and "Kick it up a notch!" catch phrases wore thin pretty quickly, but his Green show isn't too bad. I don't know if it's still running though since he also has reformulated Live show that gets aired on Ion now.

Regardless, I liked this healthy dip he made and tried it out.

Ingredients:
2 cans of Great Northern beans, fully rinsed
1 whole bulb of garlic roasted
Medium size bunch of parsley, mainly the leaves
Small bunch of chives
1 tablespoon of Herbs de Provence
2 tablespoon of smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil to the consistency you desire

Roast the garlic, let it cool, and squeeze the mushy garlicky product into a large food processor with the beans, parsley, chives, seasonings, and drip in the olive oil as much as needed.

And while I'm referencing the Food Network, has that channel jumped the shark or what? About the only worthwhile program on that channel anymore is Alton Brown's Good Eats. And maybe Iron Chef America.

No comments: