Monday, May 17, 2010

Stay Positive: Smoked Beer


I got my grubby little hands on some smoked beer this weekend, and boy that stuff is good.

To many people, the idea of a beer being smoked sounds disgusting. And before I tried it for the first time, I was both intrigued and apprehensive. But I'll try about anything as beer goes, even wheat beer though I still haven't found one I've liked that much.

The O'Fallon (MO) Brewing Company offers a Smoked Porter that is pretty decent too, but the German stuff above is the best I've had.

2 comments:

Fozzie said...

The smoked porter tastes like you are drinking a pork steak. That is a bad thing.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

There's nothing "steak"-like to that cut of meat you people in St. Louis grill.

From my perspective, the smoked porter isn't all that smoky ~ just a porter with a little bit of smoke thrown in for shits and giggles.