Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No Better Than This

One of the good aspects of this Facebook contraption (we could talk about the evil aspects, but that's a subject for another post) is that you can befriend or "like" an artist or a movement or news source that you might not regularly check, but when something's new you'll get updated.

So since I "like" John Mellencamp, I found out today that he has a new album coming out in August, and it sounds quite interesting. It was recorded on vintage equipment at notable historic places in the South.

Click HERE for the whole story if you're interested.

For someone like me who really enjoyed the alternative music scene at one time, Mellencamp was one guy I usually didn't divulge that I enjoy listening to since I've liked his stuff since Uh Huh. Sometimes there's too much schmaltz in his lyrics and the hooks are a bit formulaic. However, his last couple of albums ~ Freedom's Road and Life, Love, Death, & Friendship ~ have been quite strong.

No comments: