Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Games Over

I closed out the spring semester late this morning by finishing up some grading for my basic writing class. I'm glad to see this academic year put to rest ~ it's been a tough one. So that game is over, but I've decided to put a halt to another game after tonight's dinner.

I have vowed not to make ribs again. I'm just not good at it, and it's not like I haven't been trying for a while. What I need to a serious smoker to do it up right, and I'm not willing to go that far. I make a good rub for the ribs and for pulled pork, and I will continue to make that rub for the latter, but I either find mediocre ribs to work with, or I just can't seem to get them like I want to. It's been frustrating, and I plan to leave the ribs to people who have the wherewithal to make them effectively. I'm done.

I guess I've just been spoiled by eating good barbeque. Although I didn't find St. Louis to be a good barbeque town at all, my year of living of KC was wonderful with Smokehouse, Gates, and Arthur Bryant's. And living in Alabama put me in contact with all kinds of great barbeque joints. The South loves pig parts being cooked slowly over low heat until the end products transform to heavenly porcine goodness.

No comments: