Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stay Positive: Muttley



I haven't done a Stay Positive post in a good while, but since I'm enjoying Boomerang via DirectTV, I thought I'd provide a cartoon character I've always liked.

And, yes, I still watch cartoons. I have two kids, so via the glory of Boomerang I'm rediscovering old cartoons that connect to my childhood.

In the mornings before I take my daughter to kindergarten and my son to daycare, we've been watching Wacky Races lately. As we watched this morning, Hannah commented that "she really likes that dog who has that funny laugh." So did I when I was a kid, and I still like Muttley, the sidekick to Dick Dastardly. Of course, since Hannah mentioned she liked the dog, then Quinn had to chime in and say, "I like that dog too."

I don't know what it says about us that we like a villain, albeit a dog villain, in a cartoon. I guess I'll leave that to be examined if I ever go into counseling for my troubled soul.

But cheers to enjoying old cartoons and enjoying "bad" characters in shows.

No comments: