Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Random Notes from a Crank

I wonder if it's a sign of middle age if you're eating a lot of grapefruit? My daughter sold fruit for a chorus fundraiser, and we got a box of mixed fruit. I hadn't had grapefruit in years, and today I just finished the last one of the box. I remember my parents eating a ton of grapefruit when I was kid, and during those years, my parents were in their late forties and fifties. At least grapefruit is extremely healthy

And it seems like that occasional glass of low-fat buttermilk I drink has some solid health benefits

This article from my local paper ~ "New Frontier of Local Food Movement is Here" ~ offers some hope for central Illinois farmers. Once this deal gets up and running, I want to get my hands on some locally sourced bread. That would be good eats. 

I started reading Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit. I'm enjoying it quite a bit but am a bit puzzled why I haven't read any of her other books. I've liked her columns in Harper's, but I wasn't aware of her other work. Now I'm eyeing Wanderlust: A History of Walking and The Encyclopedia of Trouble and Spaciousness

No comments: