Friday, September 14, 2012

Music Friday: "Linus and Lucy," "Calling Dr. Funk," & "On Green Dolphin Street"

Tuesday was a big day for new releases.

Take a gander at the new albums from these artists that came out this week:
  • Bob Dylan, Tempest
  • Dave Matthews Band, Away From The World
  • The Avett Brothers, The Carpenter
  • Calexico, Algiers
  • Patterson Hood, Heat Lightning Rumbles in the Distance
And heck, next week there will be new albums out from Ben Folds Five, Ryan Bingham, and Band of Horses. 

Calexico's album is excellent, The Avett Brothers album is good, and I haven't gotten the Hood release yet.

I don't know if I'll get Dylan's new album. People love to say he's a genius. Other people contend he's overrated. Both might be right, but I lean toward the latter group. As for the new DMB album, we'll see. 

But I downloaded The Definitive Vince Guaraldi for cheap ($5.99 for 31 songs) yesterday, and I'm mad at myself for not having any of his stuff before now. 

Peanuts fans out there will recognize this first song below, but I've provided two other compositions for your enjoyment.








No comments: