Friday, August 31, 2012

Music Friday: "Postcard from 1952"

Today I'm featuring a band I've recently gotten into.

I'm late to the party since Explosions in the Sky put out its debut album in 2000. However, I enjoy the two albums I have from them: the first, How Strange, Innocence and the band's latest, Take Care, Take Care, Take Care.

The band is described as a "post-rock" band. The definition of that genre is murky to me, but in general, the music uses instruments typically associated with rock, doesn't have lyrics, and reminds me of hybrid of chamber music and jazz. Or put another way, they're like The Bad Plus but with rock instruments.

I'm not a fan of the term post-rock, but whatever...

I guess I'm just "post-nothing."

So if you want to listen to seven minutes of instrumental music with an interesting video, mash the triangle on the screen below. You may or may not thank me later.


No comments: