Friday, May 18, 2012

Music Friday: "Unsatisfied," "Hold My Life," "Can't Hardly Wait," "Anywhere's Better Than Here," & "Happy Town"

I've been playing my iPod on shuffle quite a bit this week, and one band that keeps getting played is one of the innovators of "alternative music," The Replacements. They are one of my favorite bands. Of all time.

So for this Music Friday, I offer five songs from the five albums I had on cassettes back, as the kids say, "in the day."

First up is "Unsatisfied" from Let It Be (1984), a song Joey Kneiser of Glossary references in a recent interview.





Next is "Hold My Life" from the laconically titled album Tim (1985).





Batting third is the often covered "Can't Hardly Wait" from one of my favorite albums of all time, Pleased to Meet Me (1987).





"Anywhere's Better Than Here" from Don't Tell a Soul (1989) is full of angst and anger.





And to finally close out this festival of embedding, I offer "Happy Town" from All Shook Down (1990).





Have a good weekend, folks.

2 comments:

fern said...

Thanks for introducing me to one of my favorite albums of all time.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Which one, Pleased to Meet Me?