Friday, October 7, 2011

Music Friday: "Medicine" & "Tiny Light"

This Music Friday I'm featuring an artist, Grace Potter, who has to have one of the most powerful voices in music right now. She's got some pipes.

The two videos, which are tracks from her and the Nocturnals' recent album, further showcase her voice since they're acoustic versions of the songs.






Often when I listen to her stuff, I feel like she reminds me of someone, but I can't recall who exactly that musician might be. My first reaction is Bonnie Raitt, but that doesn't seem right.

People also have compared her to Grace Slick because they often play "White Rabbit" at shows, I'm told. Overall though, her music is an interesting mix of rock, blues, and soul.

And Hannah's a fan of the recent album. She's asked a few times, "Daddy can you play that Paris song?"

2 comments:

Sara F. said...

I had tickets to the 80\35 festival here and had to sell them, but I heard she was amazing when they played. They were one of the reasons I got tickets.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Yeh, I would imagine they're quite good in concert.