Friday, October 21, 2011

Music Friday: "Gimme Three Steps" & "Tuesday's Gone"

So I'm here in Madison, Wisconsin for a a conference, so you might think I'd feature some singer or band hailing from the beautiful land of cheese and beer.

Nah.

Today I'm providing two tunes from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

The first song always reminds me of the infamous Golden Spike in Kirksville, MO, a little watering hole that Mrs. Nasty worked as a waitress for a short stint in college before I knew her. The house band at the Spike played this song every time I saw them play there. Lots of two-steppin' was witnessed by this observer.





I have Skynyrd songs in my head lately since I bought one of their greatest hits albums for $5 in the mp3 format.

Unfortunately, the album doesn't include "Tuesday's Gone," which is on the Dazed and Confused soundtrack.





2 comments:

Seddy said...

Ah, Dazed and Confused.....one of my fondest Pi Kapp memories is Freshman Week 1994. We had to have watched that movie about 3 times a day in Phil and Graham's room of the new house....

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

"Alright, alright, alright..."

A good flick.