Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An Acknowledgement of Our Unsophisticated Desires

Back when I was in Iowa, my two brothers, my sister, and I went out to dinner on a Saturday night with all of their significant others. I was solo since Mrs. Nasty and kids weren't along for the trip to Iowa City that morphed into visiting my parents in Waterloo.

I can't remember a time when all of us had eaten dinner together without my parents since I usually only see all of them on holidays and such.

But as we ate dinner at Lone Star, we got on the subject of being healthy. Fittingly enough, I think we were talking about this subject before we ordered our steaks since, you know, large hunks of beef are healthy. And then we made some small talk about how exercise is important.

There was a moment in the conversation about exercise when it seemed that all of us had similar thoughts about what was the best kind of exercise. As my one brother mentioned the healthy benefits of sex and my sister started laughing because, apparently, she was thinking the same thing, I'm pretty sure my oldest brother and I had similar thoughts. At least we all had sparkles in our eyes.

My sister-in-law said something to this effect: "That's what all you guys think about, you [Nasty]s."

No comments: