Friday, March 18, 2011

The NFL: Soviet Bloc or OPEC?

I heard about a column on Yahoo Sports on the drive back from the Indy airport this afternoon. The author,  Michael Silver, examines the NFL lockout/labor situation from a political science perspective.

While I haven't been following the NFL situation too closely since I not invested in the NFL season because I prefer the glory of college football, it doesn't sound like the negotiations have gone well at all.

I will be pissed, however, if there isn't season since Marcell Dareus, Julio Jones, and Mark Ingram all came out early as juniors for the draft. Those three would have been wonderful to have on the 2011 Crimson Tide team.

Regardless, if you're interested in reading some satire about the NFL, check out "How to Run a Business, Communist-Party Style."

No comments: