Friday, March 4, 2011

Music Friday: "When My Time Comes" & "Love Is All I Am"



Dawes is a band that I've listening to a lot lately. When I first got the band's album, North Hills, I thought it was just okay. Now I'm addicted to the band's rock/soul sound.

Hell, I might as well just call them "Americana" since that's how they describe their music.

As Wikipedia relates, which is a decent resource for finding out about artists, the band "is part of the Laurel Canyon sound, whose influences include Crosby, Stills, and Nash and Neil Young, among others, centered in the North Hills area of Los Angeles."

In addition to Taylor Goldsmith, the lead singer, fronting Dawes, he's also part of a collaboration with the lead singers of Deer Tick and Delta Spirit, who named their group Middle Brother. That album came out Tuesday.

But for this Friday, I hope you enjoy "When My Time Comes" (above) and "Love Is All I Am."

2 comments:

fern said...

The first song had an undercurrent of Mumford & Sons, it seemed to me. The staging for the second song reinforced the impression. But it's mostly something else, more Son Voltish Americana, less British

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Some critics have compared Dawes to The Band. I can see the comparison.