Thursday, January 21, 2010

Strange Burrito

As is the pleasure of volunteering at your daughter's kindergarten, you get to re-experience the cafeteria food of your youth.

But today was different. Today I ate something I had never eaten before, and I hope to never eat it again.

The monstrosity I grappled with at 11:30 today was a roast beef and mashed potatoes burrito. That's right--thinly sliced roast beef and mashed potatoes inside a burrito. It ain't right. I ain't natural. It's wrong.

You're probably wondering why I even selected the burrito, but I didn't hear what the selection was because of the din of noise in class as we lined up to head down to the cafeteria. I should have gone with the chicken nuggets.

2 comments:

Fozzie said...

After working with kids off and on for 14 years, I've discovered that kids will eat anything wrapped in a tortilla shell.

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

The funny thing is that I was the only one in Hannah's class to pick the strange burrito option. The kids were smart enough to pick the nuggets.

I obviously need to do some self reflection.