Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Turkey Penne Soup

Since I roasted a turkey breast a couple of days ago, I used the leftover carcass and made some turkey stock--two hours of simmering the meaty bones with a quartered yellow onion, a couple of carrots, four stalks of celery, and some peppercorns.

I strained the stock and added these ingredients:
1 shallot chopped
3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
4 medium size carrots cut into medallions
1 cauliflower cut into florets
1 whole box of mini penne
large smidgen of Boquet Garni
large smidgen of Herbes de Provence
small smidgen of Smoked Paprika
kosher salt and pepper to taste

The stock was kickin', but I did the dumb ass move of using a whole box of small penne for the soup. I should have used only half of the box at the most since the pasta dominates the "soup" way too much.

No comments: