Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stay Positive Wednesday: Rediscovering Bands You Used to Listen To



Shortly after earning my Master's in English and working for a horrible salary as an Admission Counselor based out of the Kansas City area, I sold a bunch of CDs for some quick cash. If I remember correctly, I sold between twenty or thirty CDs that I thought I would never listen to again. I was wrong, and I've been rediscovering old bands lately.

The unloading of discs back in '95 let go of music from assorted bands and musicians of the "alternative" variety. Recently I've rediscovered The Jayhawks, a great band that garnered some attention with songs like "Waiting for the Sun" and "Settled Down Like Rain," tunes that received a heavy rotation on Mtv back when that station actually played videos.

So here's to discovering old bands you used to listen to. I'm pleased to meet me.

No comments: