Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cable Boxes

Nostalgia hit me at lunch today. As the family and I were eating at DQ, the music piping through the speakers was none other than Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl," a classic 80s one-hit wonder (for video, click HERE).

That song reminds me of the early days of Mtv (back when they played videos), which then led me to think about the old style cable boxes we used to have. 

Instead of ubiquitous remotes and now DVRs, back in the old days we used to get up from where we were sitting, walk to the TV, and then turn the dial to the channel that we wanted. 

I wonder how many calories a channel-changing walk burns? Maybe two?

Regardless, channel surfing was a whole 'nother experience back in the 80s.

But a lot of us also probably remember the days before Cable. You had four channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, and PBS), and that was it.

No comments: