Friday, August 23, 2024

Random Notes from a Crank

My home state of Iowa has become what my nephew, who is a political consultant, describes as "cold Alabama" from a political standpoint. It's been a red state for way too long in presidential contests, but I realized recently that Mississippi is more progressive than the Hawkeye State in one way. 

The Magnolia State allows medicinal marijuana, whereas Iowa does not allow it. Good Gods, even Missouri allows recreational use of cannabis.   

I'm not a smoker of the Mary Jane, but weed policies seem to be a bellwether of political leanings. And Iowa is going in the wrong direction. 

Out of nowhere, which was a surprise to fans and pundits, Tottenham signed Wilson Odobert as a winger in the transfer window. The young Frenchman is likely to play on the right wing behind Brennan Johnson. 

If the window is closed for Spurs, it's been a good one. However, I'd like to see them sign a center back who can also play left back because I assume Ashley Phillips will go out on loan somewhere even though I think Ange should keep him around with the first team. 

No comments: