Thursday, August 15, 2024

Random Notes from a Crank

There's an interesting guest essay in the New York Times by a conservative who is voting for Harris because the MAGA crowd has basically taken over the GOP and turned it into a non-conservative party: "To Save Conservatism from Itself, I Am Voting for Harris." 

In another guest essay, Roxane Gay's provides the positive energy with "The Harris-Walz Ticket Is Our Opportunity for Political Imagination." 

Let's hope the voters that matter take that opportunity. I'm still concerned about the polling in all of the swing states: Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, North Carolina, Nevada, Arizona, and Pennsylvania. 

I didn't know Margo Price had a new album out. I found that out from a brief article in The Washington Post: "Country Star Margo Price Says What She Means -- And Sleeps Well at Night." 

In other good news, the USMNT hired Pochettino as its head coach. I look forward to seeing what he does with that group of players. 

No comments: